It's a very short one this week as I've only been near a computer for about three days! I'll be blogging tomorrow about how I've used Pocket and IFTTT to help to compile this week's Pick - it's working well so far.
Blogs and site links
- @luby_lou99 tweeted a link to a great blog post from @missradders last year aboutcreating Maths bunting - what a great use for old textbooks!
- @NCETMsecondary posted this article giving commentary on the BBCs Chinese School programme from Chinese academics and education researchers.
- @MrMattock wrote an interesting blog about multiplicative counting - add it to your list for GCSE 2015!
- @JamesTheo tweeted a link to a superb post from @mr_bunker_edu, titled "Getting to know you: Why telling new teachers to ‘build relationships’ is bad advice" - I enjoyed this a lot, and it's a must-read for NQTs!
- @mathsjem linked the new Twitter account for the Maths Echo Chamber, which retweets all the maths education blogs in the UK as they are posted.
- @mrsdenyer tweeted a link to an article from KQED about seeing pupils as "sense makers, not mistake makers".